Thursday, November 10, 2011

We're afraid to be alone, everybody got to have a home

My libido was charged today, but I kept it under control. My coworker, Sharon, has an outfit she wears every once in a while that accentuates her divine figure in such a way that my monkey brain turns on and I become driven almost exclusively by primal urges. I arrived at work this morning with the goal of staying present and keeping my third eye in communion with God. I was fairly successful whenever Sharon wasn't around. And near the end of the day, she took over my thoughts. Sorry, God.

The odds of us ever hooking up are slim (Me and Sharon, not me and God. Although, we are all God, so I guess they're one in the same. I digress). She's married and has a couple of grown children. So, right out of the gate it would be adultery, even though my role would be more as an accessory than adulterer, but still. It's serious business, cheating, and can adversely affect people's lives. It would be a sublime pleasure to have sex with Sharon, I'm sure, but I wouldn't want anyone to be hurt as a result. It would work if:

1. She's in an open marriage and is not only allowed, but encouraged to have affairs with pure hearted, erotically-inclined men.

2. Her husband is a real asshole who cheats on her constantly. A revenge affair on her part would be something I'd be more than willing to take part in. "Really, he beds college girls on a weekly basis even though for years and years you've begged him not to? And what's that? As a result of his infidelity, he has nothing left in the tank for you? What a jerk! Man, if only there was a way to get back at him that would not only make you feel better, but me too. "

3. Her husband died or left her.

In other words, this attraction (and I think it may be mutual) may remain unrequited. If only there was a way for me to relieve myself of all this pent up sexual energy. I'll have to give it some serious thought later on in bed.
--
What a sweet and tender song Big Star's Thirteen is. It melts me every time. I would elaborate, but I'm reserving discussion of music for a new blog I've been working on. It's called Giving Aural. Stay tuned.

My commute home was a rainy, messy affair. By the time I walked in the door, my head was throbbing. I debated whether practicing yoga would help or hinder my condition. I opted to give it a shot. Ninety minutes later, I felt as placid as an April pond. Thank you, yoga!

Stopped by Spira's after work yesterday to walk Missy, my beloved Greyhound. When Spira came home, we ate dinner and watched Hamilton's Pharmacopoeia on her laptop. We used Missy as a pillow. Don't worry, she liked it.

I'm off. I will meditate, I will watch an episode of Louis, I will pick up my guitar and play, I will read from a book, I will gaze lovingly upon my visage in the mirror of my choice. Until next time, namaste, readers.

No comments: