Saturday, October 29, 2011

Time has told me you're a rare find, a troubled cure for a troubled mind

It's cold and bleak outside and a Nor'easter is about to batter most of the north east. Well, what else would you expect in the middle of January? Hold on, it's still October? This could be a long, brutal winter. Or not. We shall see.

I've been fascinated and uplifted by the Occupy movement. It seems as if it's too late to squash it, but those in power will continue to try. And when it doesn't go away? Well, stay away from the fan, because it's going to be covered in shit. No matter what, things are coming to a head, whether there's an Occupy movement in place or not. Interesting times, to be sure.

I'm hopeful. Spira and watched some videos by Anonymous last night and each of us got the chills throughout. One video we watched was the one in which they announced the date for the first day of Occupy Wall Street. "We do not forgive, we do not forget. We are coming", the digitized voice behind the Guy Fawkes mask said at the end. And, boy did people come! People everywhere in the world are waking up to oppression. Harmony, which has been stifled for far too long is flowering. Things might get worse before they get better, but I think it's inevitable that they will get better.
-
Been listening to a lot of the Lavender Hour podcast. So good. Ruined me for regular, sanitized radio. Not that I was a huge fan to begin with, but I'm just saying. Actually, I have been listening to the radio in my car quite a bit. Mostly just classic rock. I rarely visit sports radio anymore because it has almost zero relevance in my life and most of the talk radio is awful and spin-heavy. And sometimes, when I can't find any music I like, I pop in a Bieber CD and melt away to his beautiful and often sexy songs. Oh, Justin, will you be mine?

There will by some yoga today; there will be some reading from Buffalo Girls; there may or may not be a viewing of The Mill & The Cross with Janelle (at this stage of the day, it's dubious); there may be some Lavender Hour listening; there will be time devoted to meditation; there may be time devoted to watching the rest of the beautiful The Scent of Green Papayas; there may be the writing of music; there may be some job searching; there may be a surprise guest; there may be the watching of Seven with Spira later on, provided the snow doesn't prove to be a barrier. Or maybe I'll sleep the day away and wait to die.

I have options.

No comments: