Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sing to the east, sing to the west, sing to the one you love the best

I'm taking comfort where I find it. Right now, it's Deerhoof. Ahh, Deerhoof.....take me away. Another challenging day. Not too long ago, I would have reacted to it less charitably. I would have sulked about how shitty it was and why was everything so hard and why, tell me fucking why, was the Universe against me. I'm not saying today has been a good ol' hoot, but it has been manageable. Life is a school and my most recent class was not gentle with me.

The details? It doesn't matter. Car concerns, empty pockets, ego-manufactured jealousy, frustration, a touch of despair. All there in bloom. But there was also presence, the feather touch of my pineal gland that would pulse throughout the day, understanding, gratitude, understanding, and some humor. I was not without resources.

Though life has handled me like a rubber ball in a room full of puppies these last several days, I've been sleeping like I've not a care in the world. Really, I never have nightmares, and whenever I wake up throughout the night, I always feel kind of blissed out. Does that foretell brighter days? Or does that indicate my only solace is found in sleep? Hmmm....

Whatever. I'll meditate later and hopefully plug my ass directly into the celestial realm. Wish me luck.

My parents have helped me out so much I think, based on that alone, they should be anointed sainthood. Or, you know what, maybe it's just desserts for raising me to be the monster that I am. I'll have to think about this.

Anyway, I love my parents and I'm grateful they've always had my back. I stopped over for dinner last night. We sat and talked before dinner (My mother got all heated up about Occupy Wall Street. She's supports the movement but wants a clear mission statement. I understand where she's coming from, but I see it differently, and tried to express my point of view, which includes the notion that not having a clear mission statement adds to the power of the movement). After dinner, I helped them with some computer stuff (My mother wanted to know why she couldn't add movies to her queue on Netflix. I discovered the problem. She would add a movie and then arrow back to the page she started on to see the changes she made. I told her, "Mom, when you arrow back like that it's as if you're going back in time. Any changes you make will not be seen. Instead of that approach, just select queue from your current position." I'm not sure she caught my meaning, but either way, I was able to successfully add The Lincoln Lawyer to her queue.

Okay, off to experience a hot/cold, hot/cold shower. An immune system boost and fat burner; I'm really digging these soaks.

Peace, my brothers and sisters.

No comments: