Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A wolf among wolves and a man among men

Deep in meditation last night I discovered an interesting technique. I had a hair tickling the back of my throat and it was taking all my will not to break into a fit of coughing, which would have not blended well with the quiet state I had entered. Intuitively, I visualized stepping out of my body and then sitting across the room from it. The tickle in my throat was gone or, more, it was still there, only in the body I left behind. Slowly the image of that body dissolved and my new body became my only body. I determined this technique could be effective in a multitude of ways. I may try it again when I meditate tonight. It'll be a neat way to discard whatever negative energy I've got clinging to me. We'll see how it goes.

I just watched Vice Guide To Travel's Liberia episode. It was more frightening than any horror movie I've ever seen. These guys go deep into the bowels of hell, consorting with war Generals, prostitutes, junkies, and cannibals. One area, called West Point, truly embodies hell on earth. There is no plumbing, so the streets are rivers of piss and shit. The beaches are where everyone goes to shit; every square foot is covered with it. I can't believe how far these documentarians were willing to go. Into the belly of the beast.

Time to meditate and maybe finish watching The Scent of Green Papaya. I'll definitely read from Buffalo Girls at some point and who knows, maybe I'll work on music, something I've done surprising little of these last few weeks. I feel the lack.

No comments: