Tuesday, September 27, 2011

They could take or leave you, so they took you and they left you

I took four shits today. You would think I've been eating a ton, but I haven't. I don't know what's going on, but I feel alright, so there's that. Maybe my inner shipping department is just more productive than the receiving department. Anyway, I'm sure you'll be eager to know of any further developments. I'll keep you posted.

I was unbalanced yesterday. I felt a heaviness of spirit I didn't like. Stuck with me all day. It wasn't until early evening that I decided I needed to unload some negative energy. To that end, I practiced yoga by candlelight, followed by a half hour of meditation later on in the evening. I felt better.

What spurned me on was watching Joe Rogan's latest podcast. His guests were Graham Hancock and Duncan Trussell. Early on in the program, it was just Joe and Duncan and much of the discussion had to do with meditation and yoga. Inspiring.

And so was Graham Hancock. Fascinating man. The discussion ranged from Ancient Egypt to psychedelics. And a lot in between. Truly riveting stuff. I'd extrapolate, but I'd be at it all night and, besides, I have a feeling some of you wouldn't find it very interesting.

Ever feel like you've got a splinter but you can't find it? That's what I've got going on with my finger. I've closely inspected it over and over again, but I can't find anything amiss. No splinter, no cut, nothing. Maybe it's a bit of imperceptible glass. Perhaps.

I'll probably finish Hamlet tonight. I've got about five pages left. Thinking about moving on to MacBeth when I'm done. That, or Here's The Situation: A Guide To Creeping on Chicks, Avoiding Grenades, and Getting Your GTL On The Jersey Shore, by Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino. It's a toss-up, really; I'm not sure which way I'll land.

Tim's father came into the office today. He's 97 years old and as chipper as someone half his age who gets laid frequently. He was with a woman I assumed was his nurse or care provider but was informed by Tim that she was his father's girlfriend. She looked like she was in her mid to late seventies. The guy is approaching a hundred and is getting more action than I am. I'll have to ask him what his secret is.

Alright, I'm done here. As you were.


1 comment:

Kate said...

And I thought that the very detailed retelling of your sex dreams was bad..! But, I think that I speak for most if not all of your readers when I ask you NOT to keep us posted on your bowl situation!

I think that Shakespeare is soo overdone and that you should definitely read "The Situation's" book; much more substance there. As you were!