Saturday, September 10, 2011

Every time I think about back home, it's cool and breezy

I'm glad I practiced yoga this afternoon, otherwise my senses would be duller than they are. Or maybe not. I went to Scott's bachelor party last night and didn't get home until around five o'clock this morning. Haven't gotten home that late in a long time. It's good for the soul to do so every once in a while, I think. Craig outdid me, though. After he dropped me off, he drove home to the Cape. He definitely saw sunrise.

I almost did, too. When I opened the door to my place, the chain lock was in position, barring my entrance. Fuck! Earlier, I had wondered if this scenario might come to fruition. It has in the past, several times. I usually don't get irritated, especially since I was the one who recommended we lock the door that way because Janelle's former shady dog walker still has a key to that door.

I knocked and called out, but no one responded. I knew it was a futile endeavor because that area of the house, as most visitors will attest, is a sound vortex. We never hear people when they're at the door. I went around to the back door hoping it was unlocked. It wasn't. At the door, I recalled the last time I was locked out of the house. It was the last time I came home around five in the morning. Rich was living here then.

My next option was to come in through a window. I went to our front porch and climbed in. Took a matter of seconds, which was disconcerting. Still, I was happy to be inside. I went to bed immediately and woke up around eleven, reeling from a horrific dream about a massive werewolf hunting me. The last thing I remembered was running deep into the woods behind my parent's house trying to find a hiding spot in the ink-black night. I knew it was only a matter of time before it found me. Glad I woke up.

Had a great time at the party, which was way up in Deerfield, NH. A tad off the beaten path, but well worth the drive. Craig and I didn't arrive until around nine. Scott's place is small, but it accommodated us all well. We set up a small drum kit, a bass amp, and a bunch of acoustic guitars, and jammed throughout the night. Some high-caliber musicians in attendance, to be sure.

I drank absinthe, more than I've ever had, ginger brew, and beer. It was nearing four o'clock when Scott suggested we all go make a fire. Good idea, but fuck it was late. Time to go. The alternative was sleeping in Craig's car or maybe somewhere on the floor in Scott's house. It was damn cold and I didn't bring anything warm, so going home, at least as far as comfort was concerned, was appealing. Good times!

Don't know if I'll do anything tonight. Might just chill out, as the kids say. I'm going to see Gordon Lightfoot tomorrow night with my parents. Should be interesting . Never been to a show with them. Not sure they've ever been to a show. Hmm....No, they must have seen at least one. I'll investigate the matter.

Rae and I made a trip to Trader Joe's the other night. She's as big a fan of the place as I am, so we had a good time shopping. Tried some California figs with goat cheese they were giving out as samples - tasty! - and hid Rae's carriage at one point. Funny watching her perplexedly searching for her missing cart. Oh, I'm such a prankster.

Maybe some recording tonight, but I'm willing to entertain other activities, including going out and being with friends, which is always a fulfilling experience. Will probably listen to a Joe Rogan podcast at some point. I'm hooked on his show. It's always mind-expanding and highly interesting, especially when he has Duncan Trussell on.

Dinner soon. I am going to make a salad with baby beets, tomatoes, mixed greens, cheddar cheese, sliced onion, black beans, carrots, and either some tempeh or a sliced up veggie burger. It's going to be 100% tasty.

Alright, that's enough for now. Peace.

1 comment:

Kate said...

It's funny to me that someone IS technically already married still gets a bachelor party?