Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm in love with a sunflower suit

Listening to The Czars. When I heard the guys from Midlake rave about them (they ended up backing the singer on his solo album), especially the singing, I had to check them out. I'm glad I did. And yes, the singer has a voice I'd kill for. Who to kill, though....Hmmm.

And Midlake has become one of my favorite bands. Unfortunately, as highly as I esteem them, they're not a household name. Yet. I will make it so, Picard style.

Scott's wedding is this weekend. At least I'm pretty sure it is. Other than a Facebook invitation a few weeks ago that provided the date and little else, I've been in the dark as to where and what time. I've heard tell invitations have been sent out, but I haven't seen one. I found out from Craig last night more details about the wedding. Scott had sent him info regarding the time and place. So now I know more. I feel positively educated. Hope the ceremony is indoors because I hear it's going to rain like a mah fah on Saturday. If not, who cares? I'm just looking forward to seeing one of my besties tie the knot (even though it already happened , but that's a tale for another time. And yes, I said besties. I will not do so again, rest assured).

If I could hypnotize someone into thinking every adult they encounter is an infant, I would be laughing all the live long day. And I'd hypnotize them into seeing infants as adults. I got the inspiration today when I saw someone making baby talk to a baby in a stroller. Talk to an adult, especially an uptight one, like that and hilarity will ensue. This will never happen, sadly.

Yesterday, my coworker Sharon told me Therese's elderly father fell down thirteen flights of stairs. She corrected herself and said "Thirteen stairs, rather", but not before I almost burst out laughing. Thirteen flights of stairs! That's gotta hurt! Anyway, I'm not sure why she had the exact number of stairs at her disposal; I didn't bother asking . Apparently, people are in the habit of counting stairs. Maybe that's why Therese's father fell - he was focusing on the counting and not on where his feet were landing. I'll have to investigate further.

With that, I'm out this piece. Holla!

No comments: