Tuesday, September 20, 2011

So upon our return, we found everything gone, which for us was no loss, we started over with an rabbit and an ox

Woke up too early this morning with a head thick with worry and a full bladder. It's not often my sleep is affected by worry - I'm not entirely sure the root of it - and that, coupled with the need to pee, made falling back asleep a near impossible task.

After work, I had a good yoga session followed by a delicious salad. I've been adding more postures to my routine - yoga, that is, not salad eating - and I've been feeling the difference. For example, I was standing up stretching my back last night and I was almost able to bend into a full arch. So, yeah, I'm flexible, except of course when it comes to mayonnaise: I'm a Helman's man through and through.

What else? Just finished recording a mandolin/vocal experiment. I like it quite a bit. It's in seven, something I discovered only after I listened to it (I'm speaking of the time signature, those of you who wonder what I'm talking about).

I'm reading Hamlet again. I say again because the last time I picked it up didn't take. I'm almost finished with it and I love it. What a tale! I'm at the part where Hamlet is trying to figure out whether he should listen to his father's ghost or disregard it as some sort of demonic apparition that's trying to get him to commit a sinful act. Decisions, decisions.

Been watching Breaking Bad. I'm about four episodes into it and I like it, but I'm not ready to hurl it into the upper echelons with such greats as Deadwood or The Wire or Two And A Half Men. Also just watched a cool documentary called The Wild And Wonderful Whites, about a clan of loony red necks. Good stuff.

Ok, I've got stuff to do that concerns you not. Get thee to a nunnery, dear readers!

No comments: