Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If my wings should fail me Lord, please meet me with another pair, so I can die easy

Don't really feel like posting tonight, but I don't feel like doing much of anything else, so here I am. At work yesterday, I felt the beginning of a cold coming on. Sore throat, clogged sinuses. Fuck! I was hoping it was just an allergy or sinus issue and would go away quickly. I went for a run after a work, just to show this malady that I wasn't going to let it have its way with me. It was a good one, too. Everything felt good except my head, which was just plain heavy and clogged.

I feel better today, but I'm not myself. Don't like it. I have no defined mood. I'm ambivalent about everything. Maybe I should just call it a night.

Heard "Highway To Hell" twice in a half and heard a couple of Bad Company tunes in the same time span (I feel like maaakiinng love tooo youuuu!). Regarding the former, I wonder, superstitiously, if it's a sign I'm destined for hotter climes. There were other repeat moments today, but I can't conjure what they were. One of those days. I heard "HighwayTo Hell" and a couple of Bad Company tunes twice today. I question whether it's some kind of sign that I'm Hell-bound. There were other repeat moments today, but I can't remember them right now.

There are topics to cover, there is news, but I'll save that for another time. I'm no good to anyone right now. Nothing for it but to throw some headphones on, dim the lights, and listen to Physical Graffiti.

4 comments:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Dr. Leigh (thats me) prescribes EmerganC Vitamin water (3 or 4), and a hot damp rag over the eyes and across the sinus cavity (occasionally rewarming the rag.) Perhaps some homemade chicken noodle soup too? If that doesn't work, eat a cookie. And if that doesn't work... I'm sorry your screwed, you have a cold. :)

Uh o I just realized maybe the bad company song wasn't about getting lucky but getting screwed.... ya know like with a head cold!?!? And frankly when I have a head cold... its hell!

Hope ya feel better soon hun.

Kevin said...

Thanks for the support, Leigh. So far this is a low-grade cold. Hasn't been too bad but it's been enough of a pain in the ass to annoy me. What annoys me most is that I used to get sick far less when I smoked and ate worse than I do now. I think I might just go right to the cookie, because if you're right about the Bad Company song, at least one thing will go right.

Kate said...

Have either of you ever seen the classic SNL skit Roseanne Roseannadanna where she gets a letter from a guy who had recently quit smoking? Well, if you have here it is again courtesy or Youtube and if you haven't I hope that you enjoy it! It is a very short little skit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7gLJr03vNQ

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Kate- just looked up the video! LOL Hysterical!