Sunday, September 12, 2010

The colors blend and roll as one, together in the Sun

A layabout weekend, more or less. Despite being fairly active (run on Friday, yoga yesterday and today) I feel a bit like a loaf at the end of it. Could be the weather, the fact that I have a bit of a toothache, or a whole host of other possibilities. I'm not terribly concerned about it.

Spira came over last night and watched some Dexter with Janelle and me. She brought along Missy who was gassy all night. Man, there was some pungent goings on! I got word from Michelle too late about heading up to see her and Frank for our much-anticipated Deadwood marathon. If you have not seen Deadwood, I suggest you get on that as soon as you finish reading this post. I'm not kidding.

Going to be a busy week. Shane's getting married on Friday and there's the rehearsal dinner on Thursday. I'll need to get some songs in order, too. I'm looking forward to the event.

Been trying to favor music in my iTunes library that I don't listen to very often. Today, I listened to some Sarah and Maybelle Carter and I'm listening to Nico as I type.

After yoga today, I made a delicious lunch. I stir fried some tempeh in garlic and honey and added slivered almonds, sliced plum, avocado, grape tomatoes, and black beans. It was delicious and nutritious. For dinner, I made some Pad Thai, which was equally as delicious, but not quite as nutritious. Speaking of food, I missed out on some at the Greek Festival here in the city that Spira invited me to attend with her. The toothache wouldn't allow for a lot of chewing. Oh, well, I probably would have pigged out and gotten sick.

Late last night, I watched an Eckhart Tolle lecture. It was the equivalent of meditating. He is so calm and clear when he speaks; I felt as if I was hypnotized.

2 comments:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Deadwood... just gotta love the series put out by HBO! They are the best. :)

Kevin said...

No kidding. Deadwood,The Sopranos, Rome, The Wire - those right there are some heavy hitters. Hard to top, which is why I think they've hit a lull lately. Have you seen Dexter? It's like a bag of potato chips, that show. Really addictive and maybe not that good for you, but a fun ride all the same.