Saturday, November 28, 2009

With your pockets well protected at last, and your street car visions which you place on the grass

Didn't do much of anything yesterday, socially speaking. Actually, there was zero socializing, partly by design, partly because the one person I hang out with consistently was in New York. I've commented plenty in this blog about the disappearing act my social life has undergone and I won't do so again here, except to say I've come to terms with it, will no longer question how I ended up in this position, and am taking measures to pursue other social avenues.

One way to do that is to start playing out. I've got to get off my fanny and start booking shows. I keep waiting for the clubs to call me, but so far nothing. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer, you know, give them another chance. I'm reminded of something my former coworker, Ellen, once said when she was referring to a client who was notoriously hard to work with. "You know it's him calling when the phone doesn't ring." I know of which she spoke.

It's Saturday and I still haven't heard back from the couple who lost their dog. What's that about? Either they haven't checked their phones yet, or they're taking their time getting back to me, provided they ever intend to. Maybe they're on safari in Africa and are out of cell phone range. No, I have a feeling at least one of them has checked their phones by now. And even if when I called they had already found their dog, they still could have called me back letting me know that. I can't believe they don't care about their pet -- they had signs posted all along the street -- but what the fuck? Ah, we'll see how this plays out. Maybe they have been on safari.

Took a break from reading the convoluted and weighty Reaper's Gale and have been reading some Sherlock Holmes, A Study In Scarlett, to be exact. I've started at the beginning. Great seeing how Watson and Holmes met.

I spent hours yesterday clearing space on my computer. It had been running so slow that I was beginning to miss the days of dial-up. There were occasions when it would take several minutes for a page to load. So, I did a little research and found a web site someone put together that illustrated in simple terms how to get your computer functioning at a reasonable pace.

My computer is still running kind of slow, but not nearly as bad as before. I'm glad I decided to be proactive instead of just sitting in front of the monitor cursing and sputtering. I had had enough, I think. Almost everything I own that runs on gas or electricity has been malfunctioning. My alarm clock still works fine, however. There is that.

Ok, on with the day. Still want to see A Christmas Carol; maybe I'll walk down to Davis for a viewing. Antichrist is playing there, as well. Maybe I'll see that, instead. Nah, not quite ready for that one.

Oh, I'm adrift and can't see the shore.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The phone works both ways, sweetheart :o)

Kevin said...

Maybe I need a new phone because mine doesn't.