Monday, November 23, 2009

Well, I might take a train, or sail at dawn, might take a girl, when I move on

Had a decent weekend, though it began with me spending a good portion of Friday night in the bathroom. Know what I'm saying? No? Well, what I was afflicted with sounds very similar to "bad idea", which indeed it was.

Friday night's Bowel Bowl notwithstanding, I was able to get some things done music-wise, hang out with Foley on Saturday, which was beautiful, and Mara, later that night. Foley and I went out for coffee and discussed his deep pining for a certain woman. He's entrenched, this one. Hope it works out.

Mara and I went got take out at Zoe's a great Chinese food restaurant near her house. Good stuff. Red bean rolls, spicy scallops and mushrooms, dumplings, rice -- just over twenty smackers. And they didn't skimp on the portions.

We watched some 30 Rock after dinner. If we didn't have almost identical tastes in television shows, we might have stopped hanging out a while ago. Well, maybe not entirely, but less frequently.

Yesterday, I read, watched some Dexter, played music, read, napped, played music. Needless to say, I didn't leave the house much.
--

Went to the Lowell and Nashua registries today. In Lowell, I recorded at the Cambridge satellite office. It is well known that the Registrar in Lowell does not want a satellite office; in fact he shut it down over the summer until people went ape-shit to the point where he had no choice but to prop it back up. I'm of the opinion that as a fuck you to everyone who wants the satellite office, he hired two of the dopiest sons of bitches to operate it. Well played, Mr. Registrar.

I won't go into the details -- to do so would take up at least an entire post -- but I formed my opinion from experience. The level of incompetence is staggering. And the intelligence quotient is bottom of the barrel. Thing is, they're pretty nice guys and, in their fashion, try to do a good job.
I was stuck with them for two hours today. Not because of lines, not because I had a welter of documents to record. Incompetence was the reason for my lengthy stay. Sheer incompetence. Should have taken maybe ten to fifteen minutes to record my documents. Again, I say, well played Mr. Registrar.

My libido was through the roof today. I encountered more than a few attractive women of all shapes and sizes and varying age range. In Nashua, the woman, I think she's in her forties, I'm most attracted to seemed to come on to me a bit.

I usually don't see her much. She's mostly in the computer room and I'm mostly in the copy room. When I do run into her, it's when she comes into the copy room pick up her print outs. And when that happens, I try not to ogle, but I'm sure I do. Something about her just exudes sensuality.

Today, when she came into the copy room, I barely resisted the urge to jump her bones, as it were. She saw that her copies hadn't come out of the printer yet and made a joke about me not walking away with her copies or I'd be in trouble.

Once I had all my copies, I stopped by the computer room on my way out of the building. I told her copies never printed. She turned around and said something like " Oh, really?". She was looking at me in a seductive manner -- really, she was -- and I struggled to think of something else to say.

"You can go through my print outs if you'd like, but Amy said she already did and none of your stuff was there", I said with a smile.

"Well, if it was Amy, then I'm sure everything is all right," she said, but there was another conversation going on that was more intriguing. She never dropped her gaze, which had the twinkle of an inside joke, from mine the entire time.

We were the only two people in the room and somehow I had gotten pretty close to her, in the physical sense. About two feet separated us. I did not expect this type of encounter at all. Maybe some light banter. Maybe. But all this with the looks and wolfish grin? No, I didn't expect that. Suddenly, I felt like Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate.

I left with her still looking at me with those seductive eyes. In my car, I wondered if I should have stuck around a little longer, flirted a bit more. I was definitely horny enough, to be sure. Thing is, I was completely thrown off guard and, consequently, couldn't slip into flirty mode very easily. Ah, maybe next time.

If I was prone to masturbating while driving, I most definitely would have taken care of myself on the ride home. I was so amped up, I almost did. Alas, I've never seen the appeal of doing the deed while operating heavy machinery, so I kept both hands on the wheel and listened to sports radio. And tried to calm the fuck down. Was not easy. No, sir.

Hours and hours later, I've finally calmed down. Yoga and a run helped. Oh, and the bowel issues I was having on Friday came back for an encore performance. So, that, too, helped. Unfortunately.

No comments: