Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How many wishes can you wish in a day?

Today:

Pulled over for overdue inspection sticker. There goes fifty bucks. Good thing I've got money to waste.

Worked part of the day in Nashua at the Registry of Deeds. I think one of the women in the copy room likes me. Cute, but not my type. My bloated libido is eager to overlook that fact, however.

On my way into Market Basket, I saw an attractive older woman enter the store. "Man, you are hot!", I said in typical man fashion. I view it as an involuntary reaction, the comment, which by no means makes me less of a meat head, but it does serve to deflect the blame a little bit. Anyway, what's important here is that even though I was relatively quiet in expressing my opinion, a woman off to my right looked over at me right after I expressed it. She thought I was talking about her. I most certainly wasn't. With all due respect to the woman, she wasn't very appealing to me. No, sir. I'm sure she's very nice, though, and I hope she did hear me and felt pretty damn good as a result.

Tonight:

Samurai Rebellion, starring Toshiro Mifune. Hell, yeah!

Lyric writing? Hmmm... maybe

Read from Reaper's Gale. It's getting better, this book. The whole series is so dense, I spent about an hour last night perusing forums on various websites devoted to the work, studying up on all the various characters, which are legion, and story arcs. Wow, did I cross the Rubicon into complete and utter nerd-dom, or what?

Sleep and dream. Sleep and dream.

Oh, one more thing. After I got my ticket, I thought I saw the one woman I don't think I'll ever get over, not if I live to a hundred. She was crossing the road, I stopped to let her by. As she neared my car, my heart pulsed rapidly at the growing belief it really was her. We made eye contact. I don't think it was her; there was no recognition in that look. For either of us. Oh, I don't want to start thinking of her again. Better end this post.

No comments: