Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sing a song, don't be long, thrill me to the marrow

The computer is still being attacked by Spyware, probably always will -- it knows my IP address and will keep trying to get in -- but, so far, it's been manageable. Happy that I'm back online again, but it's frustrating.

At least on sports radio, the phrase that has replaced "it is what it is", is "going forward". Not as profound, to be sure, but everyone is saying it. "Going forward, the Red Sox need to sign a pitcher"."Going forward, they'll have to keep an eye on Garnett's knees." "Going forward, someone should think of something different to say when speaking in the future tense, you know, just to mix it up a bit.

I've got at least six or seven new songs that I'm really pleased with. Just finished lyrics for one, which is called " Your Dark Regard", and hope to have a few more finished in the coming days (see, I avoided saying "going forward" -- it's easy). When it comes to writing and performing music, that's when I'm in my element. It's one of the few things I excel at, that I feel confident doing. I think I'm just about as good at it than anyone else, professional or otherwise. Yeah, son!

Attended a dinner party the other night with Mara, two painters, and a scientist. Guess what we talked about? Well, a lot of things, but we spent a good amount of time discussing creative ways to murder people. And, no, I didn't introduce the subject. It was a good time. We had beef fajitas, in case you were wondering.

Reading from The Brothers Karamazov today at lunch, I came to the realization that I'll probably still be reading the book when Christmas arrives. I'm about halfway through it and I started...shoot, I can't remember when I started reading it. Probably a couple of months ago. It's a good read, but man is it dense.

I'm about three quarters of the way through The Franklin Scandal and have been reading from Brett's The Warded Man, which is kind of tough going but I want to finish it. The writing is barely above adequate. Maybe it'll get better as I get deeper into it.

Man, I love Baby Boy Z. He's such a good pooch. And he's one of the lowest maintenance ones I've ever come across. Cheers, Poochy Bottoms!

Enjoying the Celtics season so far. They're deeper this year; I really like their bench. We'll see, as the season progresses how much stamina they have.

Ok, I've fallen way behind in Dexter and Six Feet Under episodes. Need to remedy that starting tonight. Mara's ahead of me regarding Dexter and, according to her, I need to hurry up, because things just keep getting better and better. I'll give it the ol' college try, I will.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Haha...Poochy Bottoms. It looks funny in print.