Wednesday, November 11, 2009

That's when the hurdy gurdy man came singing songs of love

Had some drinks with Foley earlier. We talked about songwriting for a bit and then he, in True Foley fashion, told me a convoluted and tangled tale of longing, the likes of which I'd only ever seen in romantic comedies. I hope he gets the girl in the end.

Had a dream last night in which I was engaged in some guerrilla-style warfare in my home town. I don't know what war we were fighting, doesn't matter, but at one point in the dream, I heard some news about a surprise attack that was about to occur at my side's hideaway fortress in the woods. I bounded through the woods, which happened to be behind my parent's house (when I was younger, I used to run at full speed down the hill into those woods with my dog, Mandy.) At every step, we were in danger of hurting ourselves, but we ran with grace and precision.

We made it to the fortress. I told everyone within we were about to be attacked. Sure enough, we heard footsteps at the door. I peaked through the cracks in the wall and saw that it was some of my friends outside. They jokingly tried to force their way in, but I wasn't ready to grant them access, fearing they were the enemies I was told were going to attack the fortress. The last thing I remember, I was jabbing a bayonet at them through the cracks in the wall.

Oddly, I view this as a pleasant dream.

Off to work on music.

No comments: