Friday, July 17, 2009

I wanna rock

Janelle has prepared a feast of delights for our camping trip. Ribs, muffins, pasta salad, the list goes on. Sangria, too. I effin love her sangria! And, I had a taste of the ribs, and the experience was transcendent. I told her I felt inadequate in the face of her gung-ho, or, as Sir Larry the Cable guy is wont to say, get 'er done, preparedness. She made me feel a little better by telling me she enjoys the process. She's already done so many good things for this trip that she could be a total bitch to me the entire camping trip and I wouldn't get mad. Well, maybe I would a little, but that's because I'm constantly angry and can be provoked into becoming so very, very easily. In fact, it's possible I'll be angry with her even if she isn't a complete bitch. What are you gonna do.

Pillars of the Earth arrived in the mail today. It weighs approximately 54 pounds. Trade paperback and still upwards to a thousand pages. I'm ready for the challenge. Me gusta los libros gigantico.

I mid-wifed a new song late last night by the blue light of a DVD player menu. It was pretty and I hope I remember it. Been writing some gems lately, at least three or four. They feel so good to play. I can't wait to attach some lyrics to them.

Janelle and I were just watching a Twisted Sister concert from the eighties on the invaluable Vh1 Classic channel. I was impressed at how good they sounded. Dee Snyder was belting it out, never off key, and the rest of the band showed some mad skills. Because of all the makeup they wear, I couldn't use their appearance as a barometer for when this concert was filmed. Finally, it hit me.

"You know how to tell how old this concert is? Look at the audience.", I said.

"Oh, yeah, they're wearing eighties fashion."

"There's that, but look at how many people there are. They're playing in a packed arena and the fans aren't Japanese. I don't think they draw quite so many fans these days."

They sounded great. I always figured they'd sound shitty live, but I'm willing to contend, based on this concert alone that they were one of the top three tightest live hard rock bands of the eighties, and I was never ga ga over them . I was a huge Van Halen and Crue , but they never sounded good to me live, especially Van Halen. Iron Maiden were tight, I guess you could say the same for Kiss and Aerosmith. I'll have to think more on this.

On that note, see you in a couple of days, bitches.

No comments: