Thursday, July 16, 2009

I cannot understand, my God, don't know why it gets to me

Subsequent to the last post, and despite its tone, I've gotten along well with Rich. In fact, we just had a lovely conversation about Slayer, our exhibitionist slash pervert slash long-toed neighbor, Stan, and the house across the street filled with lesbians. Figured you'd want to know that in case you were concerned things between us might escalate to something more bloody.

Camping this weekend. Not as thrilled as I could be about it because A) we're going to a pay site, which means, if my experience with them is any indication, there will be all sorts of touristy civilians milling about, B) we're going to a pay site which means we have to pay (paying for camping doesn't feel right to me) , and C) the forecast calls for more rain than sun.

I'm still of a mind to go, though, and predict I'll have plenty of fun. Sure, it's a pay site, and yes, money's very tight right now, but it's not like we're going to be shelling over a lot of money. It will add up, to be sure. Between chipping in for gas, food, and lodging, it won't be pocket change, but still cheaper than staying at a hotel, or even going to a nice restaurant. And, I bet there won't be that many people milling about, at least not that many for it to feel crowded. The forecast does call for rain, and, who knows, it could pour all weekend, but then again, it may not. If it does rain, it'll be alright. I'll be in good company.

Round two of Internet training at my parent's house last night. My mother was mainly interested in e-mails, a subject we covered the last time, but yet to be comprehended. The level of frustration wasn't as high this time around. My aunt had sent my mother a few forwards and I had her respond to them. My dad was less hands on, but still was involved. I tried to impart to them that the greatest leaps in learning will come from tinkering around without my guidance. Even still, I may have to go back again.
--

I really want to run into either John or Kate someday so I can say to one of them, "Hey, you're John and Kate, Plus Eight". I bet they get that all the time. Oh, to be a celeb.

Tonight there will be music played, Six Feet Under, reading, laundry, more reading, and sleep.

No comments: