Wednesday, July 8, 2009

At times things are so fine, at times they're not, but when she says she loves you, that means a lot

Just went for a late run. Nice and cool, utterly solitary. Sure, the unseasonable weather has had it's drawbacks, but I've been a big fan of the lack of humidity.

Quick shower and then some Satie. Ahhhhh....


Went to Trader Joe's in Burlington after work. It was a gamble getting on 95 after five o'clock, but the trip there wasn't so bad. When I got in my car after picking up some groceries, it wouldn't turn over. Please, please, please turn over, I begged it. I didn't want to be stuck in Burlington with bags of groceries, and tired after a day's work. I tried a couple of more times. Nothing. Finally, after stepping on the gas pedal hard, it turned over. Whew! It's been doing that sporadically. I'll have to get it looked at. Too bad I probably won't be able to afford repairs.

McMurtry's Folly and Glory appeared in the mail. It's the last installment of the Berrybender Narratives and it looks as if Tasmin is on the cover. She looks like I imagined her, which is kind of odd, considering the way I picture her veers a bit from the way McMurtry describes her. Anyway, in my mind, her visage is that of someone I've written about before and will probably never fully get over.

Reading from Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee today at lunch, I marveled at the level of betrayal and violence we inflicted upon the Native Americans. They don't teach this stuff in school, or at least not in the schools I attended. The scalping, the castrations, the wanton killing of women and children, the lies. The massacres. Our forefathers weren't very fond of the natives, that's for sure. Manifest Destiny can eat my ass!

Finally got around to watching the rest of W. Couldn't really get into it. And I finished watching the first disc of Six Feet Under. I'm still waiting for it to blow my mind, like it did/does with so many other people. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, but so far it's only slightly above average. I've been told it really picks up and that I should stick with it. Will do. I'll be getting disc two in a day or so. And, I should be receiving Milk, which I've been looking forward to seeing.

Woke up from a dream this morning. I was at a party. A young woman stood next to me and dipped her finger in my cup of water. She pulled it out and sucked off the liquid. We became fast friends.

No comments: