Friday, October 19, 2007

Man, I was mean but I'm changing my scene

I called Amanda the other night and left her a message. I awoke the following morning for work and saw that she had sent me a text message. It read: " I'm in the hospital w/ meningitis. Call me around lunchish. I should be awake." Without knowing if it was the treatable or serious form of meningitis, my concern level was high. I got a hold of her later on and, thank God, she had the treatable version. She'd already been in the hospital for a couple of days and sounded pretty groggy, but it seemed recovery wasn't too far off. I told her I'd call her after work to let her know what time I was coming to visit. She didn't pick up when I called, which I took to mean she was probably sleeping or not feeling well enough for a visit. I'll check in again with her today to see how she's doing.
--

Near the end of work yesterday, I received a call from Lauren, my neighbor who rented stuff from me a few weeks ago. She wanted to get a karaoke machine for the weekend and was planning on coming by to get it that day because she wouldn't be able to do it any other time. I told her she'd end up having to pay another day of rental if she did that because she was planning on returning it Monday.


I offered to bring it home with me and process the rental today so she wouldn't be charged the extra fee. And that's what I did. I dropped it off at her house and she wasn't pleased that there weren't many cd's to choose from. I saw what she was getting at---to a point. There were at least seven cd's in the package, which is a pretty good selection, if you ask me, and hey, she got a free delivery and I saved her about a hundred bucks by processing her order today. See what happens next time you go to rent from me, woman! Seriously, though, she wasn't that bitchy, and she did thank me for doing her a solid.
--

I finally have someone helping me out up front. Her name is Kim and after three days of work, she already knows more than most of my staff combined. She's been wonderful to work with so far. I hope she sticks around.

Today must be angry prick day. Almost every other customer from the last day or two has called to lodge a complaint. And most were ridiculous, so I wasn't very sympathetic. Although I have a pure heart, I don't take kindly to unwarranted abuse. Bring it on, fuckers!

I need to get up to NH and see some friends. I miss them and it's about time I make a pilgrimage their way.

No comments: