Tuesday, October 30, 2007

And now we rise and we are everywhere

I had written a lengthy post earlier that I've decided not to publish. It basically amounted to me trying to figure out why a good portion of the people in my life weren't exactly happy to be with me over the weekend. As puzzling as all that was, I wasn't depressed over it. Oddly, though it was a frustrating span of time, I came out of it feeling empowered. I decided to stand up for myself, to declare myself worthy of interest, affection, love, etc. And if anyone in my life can't offer me any of that, then I'll take my business elsewhere. No grudges, no hate--I'll just move on. You know, not for nothing, but it's been a long fucking time since someone's asked me how my day was. I'll leave it at that; I abandoned the earlier post and I'm not about to write it again.

Despite the fact that the earlier post was a good exercise in exploring a situation thoughtfully, it would have been a chore for you to read. Not that this isn't, but at least it'll be shorter. Anyway, I can't complain too much. I have two books on werewolves headed my way. I have the music of Lavender Diamond, Lhasa de Sela, Caetano Veloso, and others to soak in. I'm writing some of the best music I've written in a long time. I'm in better shape than I've been in a long time. I'm watching the Office UK these days and laughing heartily. Yes, things could be better, but they could be a lot worse.

No comments: