Wednesday, October 10, 2007

If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know

I've been alternating between good spirits and poor lately. Fortunately, the good has overshadowed the poor, but the shitty moments have been more frequent than I'd prefer. Considering the fact that I don't have too much to be cheery about, I'm not ready to put a bullet in my head. Whatever my faults are--and there are countless, I assure you--being chronically depressed isn't one of them. My worst moments invariably fade away before long, even when I'm determined to keep them close. So, there's that, at least.


So what's been ailing me? Just general life stuff, for the most part: unpaid debts, limited social life, health issues, work stress, being perpetually single, etc. Pretty much what most adult humans have been known to go through. I can balance it pretty well, but lately it feels as though I'm being attacked on all fronts. It's all about balancing the sweet and the sour and I'm due for some sweet. Hopefully soon.


It's a shitty, rainy day and I've made plans to go see a friend of Spira's band play tonight. There are two reasons why, even though I'm tired and wouldn't mind a quiet night of reading, I'm not cranky about going out tonight: 1. the band is playing at Johnny D's in Davis Sq., a five minute walk from my house, and 2. I'll be seeing a band I actually want to see play. If I remember correctly, they're called True to Find, or something close to that, and when Spira first played me some of their stuff, I was damn impressed. They had a Rachel's/Masada feel that I really liked. And from what I understand, they're impressive live. And I'll get to see my friend Spira, someone I don't see that frequently anymore. It should be a fun night.
--

No comments: