Monday, October 22, 2007

Headstart on the frog and the deer and the dog

A lazy day today. I started the day spray painting a cd case black and the house smelled like paint all day. Didn't expect that. Then I did some yoga, which I hadn't done in a while. Felt good. Later on, early evening, I sat on the porch with a book and Mona, the friendly cat that lives next door, came over and took a nap on my lap.

That lasted until Lauren walked by with her dog. Mona hightailed it out of there and I had a nice conversation with Lauren. She had stopped over last night to drop off the karaoke machine and hung out for a little bit. Today, she apologized if she seemed off. Apparently, she was a bit drunk when she came over. I didn't really notice anything different about her save that she was a bit more social than the last time I saw her. And last night she explained why that was so. She was getting out of her car as Spira and I were getting into her's. She said she thought we were fighting and that's why she didn't say more than hi. Funny thing is, Spira and I weren't even close to fighting. Interesting.

I'm going to end this and will give myself five minutes to decide if I want to commit to watching the Shining tonight. Not sure if I want to dive into something that heavy, especially after the day I spent lounging around listening to Caetano Veloso on my I pod with the windows open and the weather outside glorious. Ah, maybe I'll just watch some Celtics and do some reading. We'll see.

No comments: