Monday, December 2, 2013

My love explodes all over the world for you

For the most part, I've found some balance in life, but there is a low hum of impending doom. Sometimes it rises to the forefront and I become fearfully abuzz. Fearful thoughts about the condition of my life and where it's headed; a visual representation would look akin to Mordor.

So, not so great, but I reckon we all ride similar waves at various points in our lives. And I've been combating, to significant effect, this darkness. It's fixable, a good chunk of it. Like I said, I've found some balance.

While meditating the other night to a Gamma wave piece, I felt more than heard a loud springy sound. This came from within, like it emerged from a deep well. As it happened, I heard something fall to the floor in Evangeline's room. I was startled.

Before I mention this could be pure coincidence, which it very well could be, I should mention that the sound I heard seemed separate from the sounds I was hearing. I've listened to this recording multiple times and have never noticed this springy sound. It's possible, because of the frequencies at play in the recording, some not easily perceived, the springy sound was always there but just didn't register with me. I'll listen to it again; if I don't hear it, I'll begin to wonder.

Sure, the springy sound and the one from Evangeline's room happening at the same time could be pure coincidence. Or was it that I was in such a deep state of meditation that I was subject to, or the creator of, a poltergeist-like surge? Hmmm... Anyway, maybe I'll probe Evangeline about the incident. Delicately though, so as not to implant ideas in her head.

Thanksgiving went well. This happened:

- Mimi met Missy and barked at her for a while before giving up. She also spent the entire time trying to get at food. She is a rascal.

- I toasted Dad. Not as eloquently as in the movies, but I tried. It was sad there for a few minutes. He was missed. Was our last holiday with him.

- I drove my grandmother to my mom's house. When you're with someone with limited vision and hearing, you'd think you'd spend more time being with them than talking with them. Not the case with Nana: she can talk, that one.

- I cleaned  the gutter on my mother's porch. Had to use a ladder that was a real puzzle to assemble. This thing, according to the sticker on the side, folded up into at least three configurations. Pretty cool, I guess, but I needed a ladder, not a Transformer. Pain in the ass but I got the job done.

-Spira and I took Colleen and Patrick for a walk with the dogs. Colleen had been wanting to do it all day. We went down the street of my youth and it felt a bit weird, like I was exploring the attic in my head. Or something like that.

Spira and I hung out on Friday. She's a bad influence. We had brunch at her place that consisted of bacon, eggs, sausage, Pilsbury biscuits, and coffee. Then we walked over to the Galleria to check out the new Newbury Comics and see if they had the Close To The Edge remix. Spira didn't want to go at first. "But it's Black Friday! It's going to be a zoo!", she said. Usually, she's the one convincing me to go shopping, but I didn't think it was going to be so bad. We'd be in and out and wouldn't have to worry about parking, which is one of the worst parts of Black Friday.

We went and they didn't have it, but I did pick up the Steven Wilson remix of King Crimson's Red and Spira got a Star Wars origami book and some Star Wars socks. I love that she's such a geek. We checked out Old Navy. 50% off everything. Damn! So I got a winter hat, a hoodie, and some boxer briefs for under $25.00. Not bad. Spira found some stuff, too, and left her Newbury Comics bag at the counter (a subsequent call to the store gave her some relief; they said they'd hold it for her). The line went almost all the way to the back of the store, but it moved quickly.

Back at her place, we watched Top of The Lake, a show I had watched an episode of and then determined that we needed to watch it together. So we watched a few episodes, gave Missy D a heaping of TLC, listened to Red, talked about Kanye West (I basically had to explain to her who he was). A good day with the ladies.

Been listening to an audio book (thanks, YouTube!) of The Fellowship of The Ring these last few nights. It comes in 16 installments and I've been playing one before bed. Don't always make it very far before falling asleep, but I'm enjoying the experience all the same. Helped me through a difficult night last night (stomach problems - you don't want to know) Forgot how much more the book is fleshed out than the movie. Don't know who does the reading, but he's damn good. Nice warm English accent.

Ok, gotta go. Just finished watching the latest Walking Dead episode and I need to decompress. Heavy stuff, son!

Hey, where does Frosty The Snowman keep his money?

At the snow bank, of course. Haaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: