Wednesday, November 27, 2013

So we will share this road we walk, and mind our mouths and beware our talk

My yoga sessions have been going deeper; at least today's. First off, I love my new mat. I've finally worn it in, which means the slight slippery sheen has worn off. It's probably the most expensive yoga mat out there and worth every dollar. If it's possible to become one with your mat, I think I felt that today.

Anyway, deeper sessions all around. I feel stronger and looser in my body than ever before - no creaks, no pains - and I'm also getting into the zone, aka mindfulness, more often. Which is helpful because my mind is prone to behave like a runaway train. Making dinner after today's session, I tried to maintain the state of mindfulness. I thought back to the days of working in restaurants. Chaos everywhere, but for some - I'm thinking of some line cooks I worked with - that  chaos is all on the surface, like the waves atop a stormy sea. Down deeper, there is stillness. That's where some of them go and that is why they stick with their jobs. It's an area of their of lives, perhaps the only one, in which they can experience the NOW of things. The zone, whatever you want to call it.

I find it in yoga and performing music. Some people find it in athletics or public speaking or meditating in a cave. We can find it at work. Being busy and productive makes the day fly by, which we love. Where did the time go, we ask? When you're absolutely present, time isn't much of a factor. Because our minds run the show, especially in this culture, that state of being present, of absolute focus, is usually fleeting. I think you're well served if you have an outlet that facilitates it. Now there's some Yoda shit for you.
--
The long weekend is here. Tomorrow, I pick up my grandmother, who I haven't seen in a while, and head over to mom's house for Thanksgiving. Spira and Missy D will arrive separately because they'll be heading to another dinner after leaving my mom's. I look forward to coming back here to an empty house - Evangeline's in Virginia and I believe Fred will be in Maine. I plan on recording if I can and possibly running around the place nude for no other reason than because I can. So there's that.

Dinner tonight: a rice bowl with steamed broccoli, zucchini, and squash. That's it? Nope, there's more. I sauteed the fuck out of some kale, mushrooms, corn, imitation crab meat (What can I say? I love the stuff.) and garlic in my favorite green onion-garlic teriyaki sauce. Forgot the chia seeds and feta cheese, but it tasted great. Really been paying attention to what foods go down my gullet.

Thinking of watching some Walking Dead tonight. Season 3 is up on Netflix, so maybe I'll start a re-watch. It's the perfect holiday show.The current season has been great. And creepier than ever. It dawned on me watching the last episode that things only get worse in that world. The longer they survive, the more zombies there are. And the more cutthroat and desperate the living become. Who knows, maybe someone will figure out how to wipe out the zombies, er walkers (as they're called in the show).

Might watch Windy City Heat again. Fucking love it! Probably will play some music, but look: I think we all can agree that a rundown of what I'm planning on doing, despite being a staple in my posts, is necessary. So with that...

Happy Thanksgiving, bitches!

Oh, and what is the only bee known to provide milk?


A booby!


No comments: