Tuesday, December 10, 2013

You don't actually exist, so I started shaking

Shitty winter weather. And it's not even officially winter yet. Dark and bleak; slate gray everything, icy roads - fuck it all. Hawaii sounds very good right now. Ah, it's not so bad - there are ways to deal with it - but man, I've never been a winter person.

I was meditating to the gamma waves album last night and my body went through some weird motions. Phantom itches, painless stomach convulsions, and other sundry ticks and twitches (Hey, it rhymes!).  And then I proceeded to have a night of heavy dreaming. Without going into detail, the dreams took place in my mother's house and there were ghosts. One was a cackling old hag. Freaky, man. I visited my mom after work yesterday, maybe that had something to do with it. That, and the fact that the older you get, the more ghosts you acquire.

Tracy and Ray's pub quiz was this weekend. I had a good time while I was there, but it left a weird taste in my mouth. Seems I angered a bunch of people without even realizing it. There was a facebook post that expressed as much, but I took it to be in jest. Later, I was told that people were legitimately pissed. I don't even know what to make of that. And then I got a parking ticket while I was up there. In a residential fucking neighborhood! No love for the K Man. If there's a pub quiz next year, I'm going to have to think carefully about attending. Anyway, it wasn't a horror show by any stretch of the imagination - as I said, I had a good time while I was there - but I think it's better I lock the memory deep down. Which is why, I'm changing the subject.

Had a deep yoga session after work. Needed it. Funny, I feel stronger and more toned than ever before, but when I saw some pictures of me from over the weekend, I looked like a doughy couch potato. Disappointing, but you know what - I'll take feeling good over looking good.

I've been taking cold showers every morning (the benefits are numerous - a no brainer) which has done wonders for me. Obviously, they're not as gentle and comforting, at least not initially, as hot showers, but they have way more benefits. Beats coffee, though not as tasty.

Alright, I'm out this piece. Cheers, pups!

No comments: