Friday, September 28, 2012

Lost in happiness I knew no fears, innocence and love was all I knew

The sickness lingers, but it has weakened substantially. It had all the markings of a typical head cold, but it moved to my chest the other night and things turned ugly. I was so uncomfortable, I couldn't sleep. I ended up watching Herzog films (The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser and Nosferatu The Vampyre) until I finally fell asleep around five. Even when I had started feeling worse earlier in the evening, I had every intention of going to work yesterday, but after virtually no sleep, hell no.

So I called work and told them my sad tale. Afterward, I tried to catch up on some sleep, but my neighbor, Steve, decided it was a good idea to use just about every piece of power equipment in his arsenal for just about the entire day. Lawn mower? Check. Hedge trimmer? Check. Leaf blower? Check. Snow blower? Maybe; I didn't look. Anyway, my point is that Steve can be a real jerk. Didn't he know I was sick and needed sleep? Of course he did, on account of the fact that we share a psychic bond. I'll repay him in kind by fire bombing his house. Tit for tat.

Ok, wee ones, I'm done with you. I'll provide you with a more intriguing post some other time but, seriously, you should be grateful for even a crumb of my profundity. Really, every word is precious. Anyway, I'm going to go relax. Do what thou wilt.

Too da Lou!




No comments: