Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Please don't be long, please don't you be very long

My ride home from work today was interesting, what with the severe wind and pockets of stabbing, aggressive, rain. I got through it valiantly, though, and am no worse for wear. If you were a passenger in the car, you might have thought I was crying at various intervals, but I wasn't; it was just the rain reflecting off my face. I ain't yella! As I said, I got through it valiantly.

I'm still a little sore from yoga class last night. Just a little bit in the shoulders and neck. Fine with me; it was a great class. We used straps and blocks and even the wall. Spira was with me and if you want to talk about someone crying....Aw, I'm just joshing, she ain't no crybaby. Well, at least not last night she wasn't. So, yeah, great class, which, to my pleasure, was book-ended with the chanting of Aum.

I am as close to being flat broke as I've been in years, which is kind of funny considering I've been working a lot more hours. I'm not exactly sure why I'm so broke; probably just a timing issue. I'll get paid on Friday and all will be set aright. In the meantime, every penny counts. I don't mind it so much; I'm forced to be creative with what little money I have until payday.

I think I could watch Careful every day. I just love it so. Swoon.

Saw The Dark Knight Rises over the weekend with Spira and I'm not going to lie to you, when I heard someone shouting near the entrance of the theater about half way through the movie, thoughts of the Aurora shooting passed through my mind and it's possible I may have tensed up. Fortunately, it was just some loud mouth asshole doing the yelling. And no, I didn't cry, but I did, just at that very moment, spill some water on my crotch, which, if you were in attendance, might have looked to you like I peed myself. Not true, I say, not true! Remember, I am pure of heart and possess a will of steel. It was water, I tells ya. Oh, yeah, the movie effin rocked!

I'm listening to Hawkwind as I type. Most people associate Lemmy only with Motorhead, but he was blasting away on his bass in an acid-induced haze with Hawkwind  before that band existed. Anyway, I think I need to listen to something else because my mind is beginning to warp like a fun house mirror. Maybe some John Denver will restore my equilibrium.

Okay, time to go. I plan on doing some chanting later, calling a friend on the telephone, and much, much more. See you on the fippedly-flip, you jack-booted thugs.

Namaste


No comments: