Wednesday, September 26, 2012

So I leave the ways that are making me be, what I really don't want to be

I came home from work yesterday, practiced yoga, ate a kale salad packed with more nutrients than is allowed by law, chanted for a half hour, and then.....well, then this head cold I'm in the throes of descended upon me with quick and wicked glee and proclaimed, "No matter how well you treat your mind, body, and spirit, there's not a god damned fucking thing you can to do to prevent me, you lost little child!". There was nothing I could say in response. That son of a bitch was right. Well, perhaps I'll be able to shake this cold quicker than someone decidedly less health-minded than me. Maybe it's because I'm sneezing and spraying as I type this with sinuses swollen and ready to burst and a head thick and throbbing, but I'm not sure that will be the case. We'll see.

Can't a little magic, something unexpected and sweet, something that makes one exclaim,"This is why we get up in the morning", befall me? Really, just a little something, nothing too big. I could use it. C'mon, Universe, whaddya say?

Ok, I'm done. I guess I'll go lie down and read from Moby Dick and maybe re-listen to the Damien Echols interview I heard on NPR yesterday. I'll probably meditate, too. Then I'll sleep the sleep of the weak and infirm (and damned? No, I'm not there yet) and have all sorts of strange dreams. Tomorrow is another day and I hope it finds me feeling hale and well met. For your sake, and Billy's, you better hope so, too.


Aloha

No comments: