Wednesday, September 19, 2012

So close up the honkey-tonks and throw away the key, then maybe the one I love will come back to me

I don't have much for you tonight. I'm about ready to hop in bed, watch some more of Herzog's Signs of Life, perhaps read a little, and then lose all awareness of my body and my life as I know it and burrow inward, ever inward, to the realm of sleep and dreams. Where will I venture tonight? I hope somewhere that finds me making love to someone sweet while misty angels fly about, gossamer and free.

Today went by quickly, but it was taxing. I visited registries in Worcester, Fitchburg, and Lowell, which took up most of the day. I hardly ever do that much traveling for work, but one of our clients hired us to record a Power of Attorney at every registry in the state. A lot of driving. Tomorrow, I head into Boston and then Cambridge for more recording. At least those registries are close by.

When I came home from work, I made my first ever batch of lentil soup. It came out pretty good; I'll fine tune the recipe with subsequent batches. I should try using a cauldron. Where does one acquire a cauldron? Hmmm.....

I practiced yoga tonight and it wasn't a revivifying session. It did, however, reinforce the even frame of mind I maintained throughout the day. Not every session is going to be transcendent, but they're almost always worthwhile.

It's off with me. I look forward to having some money in my wallet. I'm looking forward to buying some food and other essentials (I can't wait to get at some roasted cashews). Next week will find me making kale shakes in the morning. I hear they blast you with so much energy, you orgasm through every orifice with such explosive force the spasms can be felt within a ten mile radius. And I'll also be continuing to reduce my bread intake, which at this point is almost nonexistent, and I'll once again be saying, "Get thee behind me, Sugar!" as I phase that awful, yet so very delicious, substance out of my diet. We take things slow, children, so as to institute lasting change.

Good night, readers, and pleasant dreams. I hope your sleep conjures the warmth and security you felt as a downy infant in your swaddling clothes. And remember to meditate if you have even the slightest interest in evolving as a conscious being. You can chant like I've been doing or you can keep your big mouth shut and just sit there quietly. There's no right way to do it, but just do it or something bad is going to happen to you and every one you care about. And Billy, well he'll suffer the most.


3 comments:

Kate said...

I don't think that bread is as bad as you think. Really, it just depends on the type of bread that you are eating. Don't forget, no matter how much yoga or running is in your life you still need whole grains to keep the train moving on time, so to speak. Not to be a know-it-all but I took a nutrition class from a doctor of naturopathic medicine and not once did she denounce bread as something that you should avoid. White bread yes, but the dark whole grain breads no; they can be an invaluable source of nutrition.

Kevin said...

Thanks for the advice Kate. Notice, though, that I said I was planning on reducing my bread intake, not eliminating it. I don't think I could ever give it up completely. I agree with you about eating the right type of bread. I haven't eaten white bread in years. If I remember to, I may pick up some Ezekiel bread the next time I'm at the store.They say the best bet is to make your own bread. And I say an even better bet is to have you make me bread. What say you?

Kate said...

Sure! Although, I must warn you that the last time that I made bread was in my home Ec class in Junior High School so it's been at least seventeen or eighteen years. I suppose that I could give it a go? I'll get back to you about that! ;)