Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Then I'll dig a tunnel from my window to yours

Going into this post, I was determined to be less of a downer than I was in the last but the first song I hear on my iTunes shuffle is Red House Painter's 24. For those of you not familiar with the song or the group, know that the song isn't very uplifting, despite being effing awesome. I'll carry on with my original plan and if the post turns gloomy, you'll know why.

Had a powerful dream last night, but I'm sure it won't seem so in the telling. I was a passenger in a car about to cross a bay on a precarious wooden plank bridge not much wider than the car. I don't know who was driving, but I trusted him. As we made our way up the bridge, which by the way was only slightly wider than the car and had no side supports, we were met with a wall of fog. I knew the bridge arced high above the water and was concerned we'd drive right off it. The driver was confident we'd make it and proceeded onward. I wasn't too nervous; as I said, I trusted him.

Somehow we made it through the fog. When it cleared, we were greeted with clear skies and were fairly close to the other side. We weren't out of danger, though; ahead, where the bridge leveled out, we saw that it was about three or four feet under water. We got out of the car and walked onward to get a better look. The car will sink, I thought. We'll never make it. There was still about a quarter of a mile to go before we reached land.

 Help was on the way.

A moment later, a young woman in a boat approached us and took us the rest of way. We left the car on the bridge and weren't too concerned with its welfare (we discard possessions much easier in dreams). The woman welcomed us to Turkey, but the landscape resembled San Francisco more than anything else. She took us to her house where about four middle-aged women greeted us. They had European accents (German?) and made us feel at home. Very at home. They kissed and hugged us and whispered innuendos in our ears. Needless to say, I felt very relaxed and content.

And then I woke up. I won't bother trying to analyze the dream, considering it seems pretty self explanatory. After the last couple of days I had, which had me feeling low at various intervals, it felt like I was being told to hold fast and not to worry, that better things are on the way, I just can't see them yet.

 Have faith. And trust the driver.


No comments: