Monday, October 1, 2012

Autumn has come to my home town

This cold is being a real asshole; I thought I'd be rid of it by now, but it lingers. Anyway, it could be worse; and besides, I was getting tired of being able to smell and taste stuff. The other night at Veggie Galaxy with Spira is a prime example: not knowing whether the open faced seitan sandwich I ordered was pleasing or not was refreshing. The texture was appealing; there was that. Anyway, I'm on the mend and soon enough I'll be back on the streets crackin' skulls.

So I've been watching a ton of The Sopranos, listening to a plethora of Black Sabbath, and reading up on bizarre missing person cases in our national parks and forests (courtesy of author and retired cop, David Paulides). And I've been sick. Surprisingly, my spirits have been generally positive, and why not? The Sopranos rocks and Sabbath brings the ruckus. And as far as people disappearing under bizarre, possibly supernatural, circumstances in remote locations goes, well, who doesn't like a good mystery? Yet, I've made sure to counterbalance these activities with less dark ones, like meditating and watching shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm. The goal is not to tip too far into the camp of gloom. But we know that could never happen, considering I'm illuminated by a pure heart and am always kind to puppies, toddlers, and certain primates.

When I'm better, I've really got to get off my ass and make some decisions about this life of mine. Time is less of a friend the older you get. Yes, let's make some decisions, I say. Inertia has had its way with me for too long. I'll have to ask Billy which direction he thinks I should take.

In the meantime, it's more of The Sopranos, I'm afraid. And definitely more Sabbath. But I will meditate and read from the Gita or A Course In Miracles. Balance, my friends; it's about balance.


No comments: