Monday, October 22, 2012

I'm taking whiskey to the party tonight and I'm looking for someone to squeeze

I'm back from a yoga class that kicked my ass. When it was through, I was drenched in sweat. Jenn, the instructor, seems like one of those authentically happy people we don't encounter nearly enough. She taught a great class; I'll make sure to take more with her. While she guided us through a series of vinyasas, Sigur Ros and other Icelandic sounding artists added a fitting, misty soundtrack that coated us like dew. The class kicked my ass, I say, but I'm grateful it did. There are things going on that are pregnant with stress; it's important I take care of myself so as not to feel overwhelmed.

I took a hot shower when I came home and I'm feeling pretty blissed out. I think it's time to watch an episode of Boardwalk Empire, which is one of the best shows I've ever seen. Fucking HBO! Always bringing the ruckus!

Sorry for the short post, but don't fret: I'm confident I'll be presenting you with some overlong, bloated, and self-indulgent posts soon enough.

Fare thee well, ye bonnie lads and lasses.

No comments: