Sunday, June 5, 2011

To late to discover peace of mind, to late to recover

I've noticed, upon careful inspection of my blog's sidebar, that my posts have been steadily decreasing. At an alarming rate? No, not quite - be calm, be serene, dear readers - but at a rate that suggests, barring some kind of renaissance, an eventual cessation of this here blog. I don't mean to frighten you, but I also don't want to sugar coat a likelihood. How soon, you ask with trembling voice. I don't know, but I'm sure it's coming. Hopefully, you'll find a way to replace the enormous gap in your lives. I have faith in you, be strong.

Ah, but the above forecast, if it comes to fruition, projects later than sooner, so we've still got some time together. But not now, because I just took a gander at the clock and there are matters I must attend to. I will, however, offer a quick recap - a highlight reel, if you will - of some recent activity I deem to be notable.

1. Last night, Craig and I visited Mike and Kristen up in NH. Some fine grilling was done, beer was imbibed, bedtime was in the wee hours of the morning. Craig's snoring from the adjoining room was disconcerting, if not terrifying. I hid under the covers, but my pure heart saw me safely through the night.

2. Yoga, yoga, yoga. Feeling flexible and mighty. Wanna fight?

3. Been writing songs and trying to come up with some cool harmonies.

4. Don't know what the impetus was, but I found myself watching Intervention and Hoarders this weekend. Thank you Netflix Watch Instantly for keep me off the streets.

5. My re-read of Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series has been a joy. I'm almost finished the second book and my conviction that this work is among the best I've ever read in any genre has not diminished. There were a couple of chapters I read recently involving Ser Gregor Clegane, The Mountain That Rides, that were so brutal and terrifying, I had nightmares. If I ever get a chance to ask Mr. Martin a question or two, I will ask him if McCarthy's Blood Meridian had any influence on those chapters. There are also Lonesome Dove parallels all over the series. Anyway, I'm on pace to be done all four books by the time the new one comes out in July. In this, I am an absolute geek. But not a nerd; I hate nerds.

Time's up. I'm out this piece.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I think that somebody has some explaining to do!

Kevin said...

Can't say I follow you, Kate. Explaining?

Kate said...

Yeah, a little while after I wrote the comment I realized that you might misinterpret it. Rest assured Kevin, although the comment was on your blog post it was NOT directed at you. Here's what I should have written in order to make it more obvious what I meant.

"I think that somebody has some explaining to do! Craig was in NH but I didn't hear from him. I guess he lost his phone or my phone number or both." ;)

I apologize if there was any misunderstanding because of my remark.

Kevin said...

No need to apologize, Kate. I kind of figured it was about that, but wasn't sure.