Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm saving all my love for you

I am a fucking faggot. At least I am according to the guy who tried to hit me with his car yesterday. Here's what happened. I was out for a run, the weather was fine, everything was right with the world.

At a crosswalk, two women were halfway across when I entered onto it. A Cadillac had stopped to let the women go by and, by extension, I assumed, me as well. I assumed incorrectly. Despite being only a few feet behind the women, the driver of the Caddy decided the best course of action was to accelerate once I got in front of his car. He was making it clear that he had stopped for the two women and not for me. Fortunately, I was able to dodge out of the way, but it was dicey. He finally hit the brakes. I had nearly fallen and his bumper was about two inches from me.

It was deliberate, to be sure. As I was crossing, we had established eye contact. It wasn't as if I came from nowhere, some ephemeral phantom. No, he was just.....psycho? Yes, that word will do. I got up, incredulous over what happened. I voiced my displeasure with the man, who looked to be in his seventies and accompanied by a younger woman, perhaps his daughter. I didn't say much, probably just " What the hell is your problem?". The guy, however, had a lot to say.

He was screaming, but I couldn't hear him until he opened his door and poked his head out. He was red with rage as he spewed forth a litany of curse words and threats. He told me I should have " watched where the fuck I was going", among other things. I pointed at the crosswalk and let him know what it was for. He didn't like that.

He got out of his car screaming at the top of his lungs and gesticulating wildly. He looked like he wanted to tear me limb from limb. Something in me told me I should move on. This guy was obviously unhinged. Obviously. The whole thing began with him trying to run me over. I started jogging away, shaking my head. Behind me, my new friend screamed, and I mean screamed, "YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!!!!!"

I held my tongue, especially when I realized there were mothers with baby strollers and one or two elderly women around. I continued on my way. This fucking faggot decided he wanted no part of that old psychopath.

No comments: