Monday, June 20, 2011

Just in case we have to part

I am sleepy. Last night, I stayed up later than I wanted to; the heat and an awakened mind were the culprits. Because of our reduced schedule, I've been having Mondays off, but I went in today. Yes, I am sleepy, but there is more I need to do.

Late last week, I posted an ad on Craigslist looking for a roommate. Within the next couple of days, I received upwards to forty responses. They're still rolling in. I don't expect all of them will be viable candidates, nor do I expect all of them will come by for an interview, but I responded to nearly every email I got (There were a couple, like the girl who wanted to use the room for a week so she and her friend could crash there while they toured greater Boston, were put aside).

I have email fatigue. Been going back and forth with people, trying to set up times. And then there are the other, personal, emails that have needed my attention. Hours have been spent doing all of this. Way more time than seems necessary, but, alas, that's how much time it's taken. The majority of the responses have been women, which is fine with me, but usually there's more of a balance. Don't know why that is.

I think part of the reason I got so many replies to the ad - my lyrical, compelling, prose notwithstanding - is because I noted we are pet friendly. Why? Because we are. Fred and I would definitely love to live with another dog. It is a sad thing, but Baby Boy Z will be gone in a matter of days. No more play time, no more cuddle time. Will be strange not having him in my life anymore.

While I don't hate the whole process of finding a roommate, it is taxing. Especially since we just went through this only a few months ago. Hopefully, Fred won't announce he's leaving any time soon. I'm staying positive about this. I feel confident we'll find someone who fits well. I just want it to be over soon. Everything is in disarray.

Just looked at the clock. Have to go to the store. I'm going to have little time to do much of anything this week.

One more thing. Just watched the season finale of Game of Thrones and it delivered. Maybe our next roommate will be into the show and watch it with me. If not, someone will be getting the boot right the fuck out of here!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hey Kevin, I wish you the best of luck with your roommate search. I hope that you find a nice compatible person who will (maybe?) outstay you this time; wouldn't that be a kick?

By the way, I hope that I didn't sound to pushy about asking you to hang out on Saturday? To be honest, I totally spaced it about Janelle's impending departure & the inevitable roommate search her leaving would cause. Hopefully, we'll get together soon perhaps in the woods of Vermont or NH around a campfire? I'll keep my all of my crossables crossed on that one! ;)