Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Now I'm older, gotta get a clean place

I just gave myself a minute and a half to figure out a way to relate a disconcerting trend I've noticed recently without sounding like a thirteen year old gossipy Twitter freak or sidestepping the identity of certain key players (even if I gave them phony names, it would still be easy enough to ascertain who I was referring to). Was the minute and a half productive? No. I didn't think it would be, but I tried. See what I do for you, readers? Anyway, let's just leave it at this: To some, I feel like I've become either a pariah or just plainly someone not worth giving the time of day to. I don't know why this is. Maybe it's the way the planets are aligned, maybe, despite my pure heart, I'm just a lousy prick. Whatever the case, I'm not giving any more energy to this.

The Celtics have their opening game against The Heat tonight and it will probably rank as one of the most anticipated and viewed games in the NBA's regular season, despite the fact that it won't have much impact whatever the outcome. Oh, I can't wait to watch this one. Preseason was pretty cool, but this, well this is something else.

I've paid attention to the Celtics off-season maneuvering with rapt interest and have determined that I like the makeup of this team better than any other in recent memory. Everyone picks LeBron and The Heat as the forerunners in the east, but I think the Celtics will surpass them. Should be a fun season.

I'm thinking about reading Keith Richards' autobiography. I heard him on NPR yesterday discussing it and I determined it would probably be an entertaining read. Maybe I'll give myself the book for Christmas. Either that, or appeal to Santa Claus, but I'm still not entirely convinced he's real.

Wrote the skeleton of another song last night. Happened while I was taking a break from writing lyrics to another one. Doesn't need much added to it. Another quick one. In an effort to invigorate the writing process, I've gone back to the way I used to do it. Well, I didn't always do it this way, but I digress.

What I'd do is write a guitar part pretty quickly, play it a few times to acquaint myself with it, and then record it. Then I'd listen back and come up with some melodies for vocals and write some lyrics. Once that was accomplished, I'd record the vocals. With that accomplished, I'd add more guitars or vocals. The outcome was usually pretty good. Sure, there were some duds, but for the most part everything worked.

So, I'm taking that approach again, only this time I'm a little more polished. This method of writing forces me to be creative and more forgiving. It's also more direct and unfiltered. Once I have an album's worth, I'll put it on a CD for myself. If others are interested in hearing it, they'll get a copy. Not counting on that, though. I will also try to post some of it on this very here blog.

Time for laundry and then some C's. Ciao, bitches!

No comments: