Sunday, October 10, 2010

I can still hear the sound of those Methodist bells, I'd taken the cure and had just gotten through

A glorious day weather-wise. We had our first potential roommate come by earlier in the day. Young guy - affable and warm. We both liked him. There are more lined up in the coming days. It may be tough deciding who to pick. Not a terrible problem to have.

Afterward, I went for a run, making a pit stop in Davis Square to check out the Honk parade. All sorts of eclectic street bands. Real joyous, lots of fun. I love a parade!

Went to my parent's house yesterday morning and stayed most of the day. We went out to lunch at the China Buffet and I had to pace myself. I was starving by the time we got there and felt I was in danger of over doing it. I did okay, but almost everyone else there were a bunch of pigs. Really, this place attracts the gluttons. Why not? It's a buffet- time to pig out. It's the American way!

It was a nice visit. It's never a chore seeing my parents. I love them very much.

Later on, I got a call from Sean, who just moved to Vermont. Turned out, he was in the area for the night and wanted to get together. Sean is one of my oldest friends, and it's always great seeing him. Spira and I met up with him at The Independent in Union Square for food and drinks. A good time with lots of laughs. Question: is six dollars for a draft beer too expensive? How about seven dollars for a small bowl of clam chowder? Maybe I'm out of touch, but my answer to both questions is yes. Good thing the chowder was tasty and the beer smooth, otherwise I would have fire-bombed that place to hell. That, or I would have been slightly more irked than I was.

A long weekend for just about everyone it seems. Not for me, though. That's okay. If I hated my job and the people I work with, I'd be grouchy right now. Fortunately, that's not the case.

Dexter tonight, followed by a round of emailing to apartment candidates. And then, later, in the quiet hours, I will get into bed and fall asleep and dream about stuff.

2 comments:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

China Buffet... mmmm. I have been to other buffet style restaurants and not over eat but china buffet...I always over eat. Not sure what all that is about but it makes me wonder whats going on. Is the food addicting? Is it the colorful food attracting me like a bug to a zapper? All I know China Buffet is my diets worst enemy though and I love it! ;-)

Kevin said...

I used to work near a China Buffet and it didn't take me long to become a regular. I had to go on the wagon, though, because things were getting out of control.Buffet style Chinese food works better than most other buffets, I think. It's why I only visit the place very rarely. Crab rangoons, dumplings, rice, ....mmmm...