Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Looking for a lover to court and spark

I met up with Mara in Davis Square earlier. We went to a new place called Flat bread, a combination bowling alley/pizza joint. Mara had eaten there recently and loved it. I wasn't expecting anything close to gourmet, but, to my pleasant surprise, the food was top of the shelf. Everything was natural; all the fruits and vegetables were purchased at a local farmer's market. We shared an organic salad and a small sausage pizza. The salad was delicious. It consisted of mixed greens, goat cheese, celery, and seaweed, with a berry vinaigrette for dressing. The pizza, too, was delicious. Oven roasted, with mushrooms, maple sausage, cheese, and a bunch of other subtle stuff.

It was nice catching up with Mara. She was eager to talk about her new boyfriend, but didn't push the topic. She's still battling some insecurity concerning the relationship, but not as much as she was a couple of weeks ago. I'm happy for her.

I'm tired. Not exactly sure why. Maybe it's the heat. It's after nine, and it's still 85 degrees. Got the AC on, which is helping. Should I go work on some music? Yes, before I get too sleepy to be productive at anything.

A part of me wants to dip a ladle in my past, to revisit some pleasant memories. I heard a Lemonheads song on the radio today and it brought me back to my early adult hood, when Sean had come home from school, and we opened our minds wide to as much music as we could could shovel into our eardrums. Fertile days. A part of me wants to till that soil, yes, but I'm not up for it. Not tonight. I'm afraid I might come out the other end of it a little too sad. Ah, but those were good days spent with good friends.

Might watch M. Hulot's Holiday if the music thing doesn't work out tonight. Shoot, the way I'm feeling, I might end up choosing sleep over anything. Coffee? Had some earlier. Maybe a cold shower. Hmmm....

6 comments:

Kate said...

So you've been working on your music, huh? Do you have any gigs lined up? I still haven't seen/heard you play live? When will I have the pleasure? ;)

Kevin said...

Nothing lined up, yet.I'll be playing at Shane's wedding, but that doesn't really qualify as a gig.

Kate said...

Well then get on the stick! ;) You are overdue for a return to the stage where you can be cheered and admired by your many adoring fans and maybe even a few lustful groupies! I was listening to your music on Myspace again recently and I must say that it is absolutely top shelf! I am anxious to hear more! :O)

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Kevin,
Kate Just reminded me... I was wondering if you were going to post any of your music on here? Love to hear it.

Kevin said...

Thanks for the support, Kate. It's true, I need to start playing out more.

Leigh,

I'm working on posting some music here. Hope you'll like it.

Unknown said...

The top of the shelf is where the flies poop... just sayin'