Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I wish I had more friends like yours, that wouldn't close the social doors

I'm trying to decide whether I should go for a run. I'm 50/50. Though it's gray, gloomy, and drizzly outside, and despite the fact that I feel sullen and deflated after arriving home from Worcester, perhaps my least favorite city in MA, a run may be the elixir I need to bring back some pep. My GPS brought me back the hard way; I think I went through at least fifty sets of lights. It was a long, squirmy, ride. Should have stuck to the highways. Whatever. I'm home.

I think I will skip the run. I'm due for a day off and, besides, I was up late last watching the Celtics manhandle the Magic. Mara watched with me. We watched the penultimate episode of Lost before switching over to the game. What a great show; I will miss it dearly. The final episode is Sunday. It will be bittersweet, I'm sure. I predict many viewers will not be happy with the ending. This is a show that thrives in mystery. The ending, unless we're left hanging, will be final. No more mystery. People are bound to be disappointed. The show has been too good, too inventive, for the ending to be sucky, at least as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not going to lie to you: I'm gassed and think I better stop this. I'm having trouble focusing and I'm sure I'm committing all sorts of grammatical and other writerly (See, I'm so foggy, I'm not even sure if that qualifies as a word) errors. My apologies.

I had more to say, and who knows, if I get a second wind later, I'll add to the post. For now, I think it's best I succumb to the vegetative state that's enshrouding me.

4 comments:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Aye, I feel your pain. I ended up lost in Nashvegas (Nashville) today. When I eventually found a familiar road I was then detoured to a lovely part of town with houses surrounded by 8 foot chain link fencing with barb wire looped around the top... the people were very helpful just standing out in the roads directing traffic with the friendliest of hand gestures... also there was a super nice gentleman by the name of he couldnt really tell me how to get back to I65 but he could sell me a watch.... I think thats what he said anyways... it was hard to tell as he couldnt talk real good... I think that could have had something to do with the amount of gold in his mouth. (Im just guessing though)
Although I know you were not lost. I know how bad it sucks to be in place you dont want to be in. I feel your pain. REST.. Take your jog tomorrow! You deserve a night off! ;) In fact... I will even throw a Corona your way! ;)

Kate said...

@Leigh:

I think it's funny that you referred to Nashville as NashVegas because the town that I am from Manchester has long been referred to as MancVegas! lol!

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Kate,
Just goes to show every town is a bit like vegas... what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas... unless you are in Nashvegas then you are allowed to post it on the internet. ;)
-Leigh

Kevin said...

Leigh, sounds like we both had driving experiences we'd like to forget. Yours was definitely more interesting.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and that Corona sure sounds good right now (over 80 degrees and muggy).