Thursday, May 27, 2010

Amelia, it was just a false alarm

I sit at night, on the porch, alone but not lonesome. The breeze, the cool air; each a wish fulfilled. I sit and feel blessed. Little sleep these past two days - too hot! too hot!The twin trees on either side of the road to my left are broadcast in slate vivid glow. I wonder why I've hardly noticed them before. I filter out so much.The air stirs, another cool surge. I am content.

People walk by, I witness. Under the moon and the yawning maw of sky powdered with teeth, they are more like me than ever before. They are brothers and sisters, there is communion. I know when the day returns and I am out among them, I will feel less kinship. Under the sun and sky with no secrets and no depth, I will forget what I remembered.

Anon
.

I close my eyes. I might fall asleep. I am at ease, I clear my mind. Thoughts arrive, slower but potent. I consider my future. I wonder what I'll do. These are uncertain days, they infect me with fear and make me feel small.

But not so much, not so much....

Out here, right now, I see more joy than sorrow. I see peace. Will it be so? I close my eyes. Yes, I believe it will be so.


I read some, I look around, I think, I meditate. It's time to go inside. I will sleep through the night.

2 comments:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

I am at a loss for words (that doesnt come often). That was... awesome!!!!!

Kevin said...

Thanks, Leigh.That means a lot.