Monday, March 22, 2010

You say that you'll give me all your love some day, but baby that some day seems so far away

A pretty good weekend. In light of the Rich situation, which, aside from a couple of arbitrary displays of passive/aggressive behavior, hasn't changed much since I last wrote about it, and a couple of other vexing instances that keep resurfacing, I was going to riff a bit on the destructive influence lack of communication has had on some of my relationships. I decided against it because I'm kind of tired and don't have the necessary energy to be thoughtful about the subject. Maybe another time. Or maybe never. I'm ready to move on.

Finally watched The Big Lebowski last night. Three out of five stars. It was good, but I was definitely not as enamored with it the way so many other people are. One thing I couldn't understand is how it came to be such a cult classic like The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I guess these things are hard to predict.

I finished Carrion Comfort over the weekend and, without missing a beat, I moved on to Drood. Carrion Comfort was a good read, but not as good as The Terror. I'm about fifty pages into Drood and my attention was rapt from page one. How can you go wrong with a Gothic horror story that centers around Charles Dickens?

At the Registry of Deeds in Nashua today, Linda, one of the abstracters who works there, and the one I've had a mild crush on, was flirting with me more overtly than she ever has. A little back story: Linda looks to be in her mid to late forties, is pretty quiet, and is probably married (which is why I've only ever had a mild crush on her). As far as our interactions have gone, they've mostly been brief and have centered around her teasing me about hogging the printer. As I said, she's pretty quiet, and while there have been instances of flirting between us (I recounted one in particular in a previous post), it's mostly been subtle; you could say the majority of our interactions haven't exactly been torn out of a Harlequin romance novel.

Today, though, she seemed to step up her game. Comments were made, glances exchanged. When I left, it was with accelerated heart beat and stirred up libido. Will anything happen between us? Probably not. I'd have to find out about her marital status, for one thing. But, if it looks workable, then why not? I need some fun in my life, damnit!

No comments: