Friday, March 19, 2010

When I woke up, mom and dad are rolling on the couch, rolling numbers, rock and rolling, got my Kiss records out

I woke up with The Lemonhead's song Frank Mills in my head and felt a wave of melancholy, not due to the song, that took a while to shake off, despite the gorgeous weather. Maybe it was a dream, forgotten, yet present, that caused this. Probably. Whatever it was, the flavor of my morning was one of faint regret and longing. And, of course, the aforementioned melancholy.

My work day was abbreviated. I left the office around one to do some work at the registry in Cambridge. Marcy had given me a ten dollar bill for parking before I left. When I reached for it in my pocket later on, it was nowhere to be found. I wish I had the same kind of mojo receiving money that I have losing money. Really, in the last couple of weeks, I've gotten a ticket for fifty bucks for skipping out on paying a toll while on my way to pick up Janelle (I thought, because it was on the exit ramp and everyone was breezing through it, that it wasn't operational); I learned my car's registration needs to be renewed; I've payed my excise tax for my car; and more, but I'm getting depressed just thinking about it. Well, good thing I'm incredibly wealthy and these payments won't even cause a blip on my bank account's radar.

I was tired when I came home. I had some sushi and took a nap. I needed it. When I woke up about forty five minutes later, I went for a run. It was such a pleasure being outside; the air was warm, the sun blanketed everything in golden glory, and there were so many attractive women about it was almost overwhelming.

After the run, feeling hale and my libido in check, I put Baby Boy Z out in the yard and made him promise not to bark at anyone walking past the house like he's been doing. He wagged his tail and gave me a cute look. That was good enough for me. Ten seconds later, he freaked out on a woman and her son. Oh, why, Baby Boy Z, did you betray me? I brought him back in the house and we played with his rope for a bit. All was forgiven.

And now, you must forgive me, as I'm about to end this and do something sexy.

No comments: