Monday, March 8, 2010

O' Paul, I know you feel disoriented tonight, but Paul, I hope you know that we're all here, and we won't let your sleep upset you tonight

I was at work briefly before I hit the road to Nashua to work at the registry for a while. I was happy to be out and about, especially because the weather was nice. I didn't get back until late afternoon. It was almost like having a day off, except I would never hang out at the Registry of Deeds on my day off. Well, maybe if they was some kind of magic show going on.

The Invention Of Lying was pretty good. Funny concept: In a world where everyone tells the truth all the time, one man figures out how to use lying to his advantage. What was particularly funny about the movie was everyone saying exactly what they were thinking. Unfortunately--and this is the case with most comedies -- the film was too formulaic for me to give it a glowing review. Still, I laughed out loud throughout, there were a ton of cool cameos, and it starred Ricky Gervais, who actually got me a little weepy at one point. It hit me like a brick because it was the only point in the film that wasn't trying to bring the funny. And Ricky sold it, son! Got me all teary and shit.

I've been away from running and yoga for about a week now. And I've stopped meditating and working from the Pathfinder book. Oh yes, something in me has rebelled, has curled up in a little ball and become unavailable to anything that might change it's reality only slightly. Time to get back on track, I say. Paralysis by analysis does me no good.

Didn't watch the Oscars, but I was pleased to hear Christoph Walz won an award for Best Supporting Actor. His performance in Inglorious Basterds was one of the best I've seen in a while.

Ok, troops, I'm done with you. Hope you've learned something, or at the very least become a better person, having read this stunning bit of writing I've delivered to you.

No comments: