Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year

My week was a disaster. After dropping money on my car on Wednesday, my ride to work the following day was marred by the recurrence of the same problem. Yes, my engine light went on again as my car struggled to accelerate. Wonderful.

For the reasons of not wanting to miss anymore work, having lost faith in my mechanic, and the fact that I was nearing Andover, I took my car to Sam's garage. Another day was spent in anxious anticipation, wondering what the damage would be. Sam called me in the afternoon and told me I needed a coil replaced and another spark plug. With labor, it would run me about $250.00. I told him to go ahead and do it.

I picked my car up after work and, guess what? Same fucking problem occurred on my way to work the following day. Oh, good. Took my car to Sam again, this time fucking pissed. He and his mechanic told me the steps that were taken to fix my car, beginning with my mechanic in Somerville were necessary. This time he put fuel injector cleaner in it, and told me that if that didn't work, to get a new car. "I'm telling you this as a friend", he said. So I dropped a ton of my into my car for it to come to that. Unbelievable.

I was already stressed out, especially after talking with my parents the night before. They didn't stress me out, but talking with them brought all my problems to the forefront. I can't remember feeling so helpless, so defeated. Other events occurred that added to my misery, but I don't want to get into them. Basically, I'm fucked in many ways and can't see a way out.

I was so spent on Friday, that I felt like going to bed the minute I came home. Somehow, Mara convinced me to attend this fucked up crafting event in Davis Sq. we were both invited to by separate people. I had a good time and for a few hours forgot about my troubles.

Foley was there, and he was pretty lit. I hung out with him for most of the night. We cheered Leesa on as she played her set and had some beers. It was funny seeing worlds collide. My friends on one side, and Mara's on the other. I don't think Mara likes Foley very much, mostly I think because their only interactions have been when Foley was drunk. It was funny watching them interact. At one point, Foley said to me, "I wasn't sure before, but now I'm positive she's not the one for you." I told him it was a moot, but apt, point since we're not a couple anymore.

I think she finds some of my friends too boisterous. I don't, but that's why they're my friends. She definitely didn't know what to make of Leesa, though they have friends in common. It's okay, some of her friends are a little too square for my tastes. Regardless, it was a fun night. There was crafting, live music, a gangsta rap video about crafting, beer, dancing, and more crafting. This is why I like living in the city.

Maybe later today, I'm going to post a link for the new blog. Hope you enjoy it.

No comments: