Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's been a long, long, long time

Money issues - overdraft fees, bills, etc... Not a good way to end the week. I did, however, put those troubles aside and have done my best to enjoy the weekend, which, so far has been stellar. Hitched a ride with Craig up to Blake and Amanda's party in Nashua last night. Had a great time. Lots of food, drink, conversations by the fire, and a reconciliation between two friends. Probably the closest I'll get to the autumn camping trip I was hoping to go on, but that's ok, this sufficed quite well.

At one point in the evening, Blake and I made a trip into the house to grab some snacks and got to talking. We were soon joined by a few other fellas and hilarity ensued. Man, I barely remember what we were laughing at, but several times Blake had to get us to pipe down so we wouldn't wake his girl, Stella. His efforts were noble, but sadly in vain. Yes, it was a good night.

I've got to get my Netflix account squared away so I can watch some more Dexter. I'm friggin' jonesing for that show.

Which reminds me, I've got to watch the rest of the most recent Office episode.

Today may be a lazy day for me. I have a feeling this week won't be easy -- I hope I'm wrong -- and I want at least one day to be relaxing. We'll see. I started watching Miller's Crossing late last night; maybe I'll finish it up today. I also really want to watch Herzog's Heart of Glass. Maybe Janelle will watch it with me later.

This month has three books coming out that I've been looking forward to. They are as follows:
Ken Schole's Canticle, Robert Jordan's The Gathering Storm, and Bill Simmon's Book of Basketball. And that's not including The Price of Spring, the last book in Daniel Abraham's Long Price Quartet and Nick Bryant's The Franklin Scandal, the long-awaited follow up to John DeCamp's magnificent and terrifying The Franklin Cover Up. I've been waiting for this book to be published for over two years.

Ok, I better get cracking with the day. Yoga? Maybe. Run? Probably not, but who knows. Finish watching The Devil Rides Out? Good chance. NBA 2k9? You bet. At least I'm sure about one thing.

No comments: