Monday, October 19, 2009

I'm the one, natural one

When I came home from Mara's last night, Janelle had left out for me some paiea she had made for dinner. It was fairly late and I wasn't that hungry, but who can turn down paiea? I opted to eat a small sampling -- a few forkfuls -- and it was worth it, to be sure. Later, as I was getting ready for bed, I wondered if I was going to have some crazy dreams as a result of the paiea. The dish wasn't over the top, but it packed a wallop, at least by my standards, but I didn't have that much, so it was a crap shoot whether my dreams would be affected.

They were. All weekend, I'd read from The Franklin Scandal -- right up until I went to bed last night -- and all night I had terrible dreams about my phone being tapped, strange men in suits, child abuse, and Satanists. I woke up often, but fell back to sleep quickly. I have a distinct memory of Janelle knocking on my door and me lying in bed trying desperately to say "come in" with a parched throat and weak voice. She kept knocking, but I couldn't speak up. I recall the incident as a memory, because I'm still not exactly sure if that happened when I was asleep or awake. Actually, I am sure that it was in fact a dream, but there was at least one point in the day when I wasn't sure.

After all that, the paiea was still worth it.
--

A blur of a day at work. Tonight finds me a little tired. I think I'll watch some Dexter, play some music, read, and then go to sleep. I'm curious what my dreams will be like.

No comments: