Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ho Sanna, Hey Sanna, Sanna, Sanna, Ho

Earlier in the week, I called Barnes & Noble in Burlington and special ordered a book (The Franklin Scandal). I went this route, rather than through Amazon, because A) I have a gift card I want to use up and B) I save on shipping this way. This was on Monday. Today, when I got home from work, I saw a package from Barnes & Noble addressed to me on the table.

I was perplexed. Why? Well, first of all, the only information I gave the clerk when I placed the order was my email address. I didn't even give her my name. And how did I pay for it? I didn't give them any method of payment, either. Even if they screwed up and gave me a freebie, how did they get my address? What the fuck was going on?

Maybe, I thought, because of the nature of the book I ordered, the Government was fucking with me somehow. "We're on to you, buddy. Oh, yes, we're on to you, and we're going to screw with your head!" I quickly erased that line of thinking from my head. Nothing good was going to come from it. I opened the package and became even more perplexed. Inside was not the book I ordered, but Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett.

Finally, after staring at the book for a minute or two, I figured it out. Kim had asked me for my address the other day. At the time, I figured she was going to send me an invitation or something similar, but maybe she sent me a book. I checked the receipt to see if I was correct. I was.

Weird, how it played out like that. I never order books through B&N and I also never receive unsolicited books in the mail from my friends. Weird. Anyway, Kim you rock! That was very thoughtful and much appreciated. I can't say when exactly I'll read the book, but rest assured, I will. I've wanted to read books by each author, so this will be a good primer, I'm sure. Thank you so much. Very sweet of you.
--

Last night I had a very fulfilling and educational session of yoga. I made several breakthroughs and, at times, I felt so at one with my body that it freaked me out a little. I'm not even kidding. I can't remember ever feeling that in tune, so naturally, and ironically, this new and different experience provoked a little fear. I've got a long way to go with the practice, but as long as I've been doing it, I've never reached the level I did last night.

Ok, I'm off to work on a new song that I think is pretty.

No comments: