Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'm counting the gulls that sit on the waves, surrounding the boats in the bay, I'm counting the miles until we're there

Slow day at work. There were times I was certain I was going to fall asleep. Brought back memories of high school, though I only fell asleep once in class. Junior year, History. Mrs O'brien, one of only two teachers in the entire school I was attracted to, woke me up with a light slap to the head. Strange that I took to slumber, because I liked that class.

Maureen let me borrow Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee, a book I've been meaning to read for years. I'm almost through By Sorrow's River, so that will be my next lunch book. When I'm finished reading it, I'll read Folly And Glory, which will wrap up The Berrybender Narratives. T'will be bittersweet.

Sharon remarked that the weather, though a bit gloomy, hasn't been that bad. I agreed with her. It hasn't really rained that much and the nights have been comfortable. Why do I need every day to be sunny when I'm stuck inside a building for the most part? I'm looking forward to the sun like everyone else, but, really, I haven't minded its absence very much. I will, however, mind the forthcoming brutal heat and humidity, though not as much as the rest of you who will complain ceaselessly about the cruelty of Mother Nature.

Getting late. Think I'll try to attach some lyrics to a new song I'm pretty happy about. I tried a new tuning the other nght, which the song is in, and I've enjoyed the challenge of adjusting to it.

No comments: