Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm no one you can trust, all little boy lonely, and curious lust

I've gotta tell you, I've watched that cupcake video a ton since last night. There was a period when I was laughing so hard, it sounded like I was bawling my eyes out. I just watched it again; still hilarious.

Slowing down at work. I hope it's temporary, and given the economic climate, I better hope hard. Marcy seems to think we'll come out on top, however lean things get, and I'm going to share her mindset. I'm happy I have job right now; if the shit hits the fan, I'll deal with it when it happens.

Ann was more talkative and playful with me than usual today; she initiated almost every conversation. I didn't know what sparked it -- believe me when I tell you I tried to figure out what did -- but it was nice and it reminded me why I find her so appealing.

I just listened to Cheap Trick, Joni Mitchell, and Satie back to back. Can you say the same?

Ok, I'm done, but I'm going to leave you with a passage from Elmore Leonard's Valdez Is Coming. This man writes with flow, simply, and with terrific insight. He makes it look easy. Anyhow, I'm a big fan, and below is one of the reasons why.


St. Francis of Assisi was the kindest man who ever lived. Maybe not kinder than Our Lord; that was different. But kinder than any real living man. Sure. St. Francis had been a soldier once and got wounded and after that he wouldn't step on bugs or kill animals. Hell, he talked to the animals; like the time he talked to the wolf -- probably a big gray lobo -- who was scaring everybody and and he told the wolf to stop it. Stop it or I'll skin you, you son of a bitch, and wear you for a fur coat. You would talk to a wolf different than you would talk to other animals. But he had talked to all of them, birds, everything; they were all his friends he said. He even talked to the stars and the sun and the moon. He called the sun Brother Sun.

But not today you couldn't call it Brother Sun, Bob Valdez thought.

No comments: