Thursday, July 17, 2008

There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza

They threw a little birthday party for me (belated) and Anne (the woman I'd ask out if I was single and whose birthday is today). We got Thai food and they made cards for us. Coming from the cold and hostile climate of my last job, I really appreciated the gesture. I'm so glad my ass was fired from Taylor. It was a learning experience, but one mired in shit and played out well before I left.
--
I want to go to the zoo this weekend. So far, Mara and Luke Warm are on board. The only thing that could disrupt the plan is the weather. It's supposed to be steaming hot this weekend and I'm not sure if walking around in that climate would make for a good time. And I'm also taking the resulting behavior of the zoo's residents into consideration. Would the heat make them sluggish and consequently boring? I'm not sure. I am sure of the fact that I want to see some animals moving about and doing what they do. You know, having fun while they're behind bars and being gawked at by a bunch of people with fanny packs and ice cream cones.
--

The hicks over at BigfootTracker.com have been claiming they have a dead Sasquatch in their possession. Apparently, some hunters shot one with a 30.06 and forked the body over to these guys. They say they will be releasing video and still images of the body in a month. Bold claim, and though it's probably just a money-making scheme, I'm curious to see how it pans out. If they don't produce a body, what will their excuse be? Someone stole it? It came back to life and ran away? They lost it? We'll see. I have mixed emotions about this. On the one hand, it would be incredible to render all the naysayers speechless with absolute proof of Bigfoot's existence. And, more importantly, science would have what it needs for study. But, like we do with everything we touch, I'm afraid we'd wipe out the population. One thing at a time, though. Let's see what these chumps produce.

No comments: